Recalls of food, toys and consumer goods, and removal of drugs from the market because of dangerous side effects has become epidemic. It's hard to know what is safe anymore. Here are some important links to help you stay on top of things. A number of these have email lists you can sign up for so the recalls will be right in your inbox.
1. Our food system is not as safe as it should be. The media can't keep up with the constant food safety recalls going on, so here is the address of the FDA where you can search for recalls or be added to their email recall notification list.
2. To sign up for FDA recalls and warnings on drugs, and to report adverse reactions to drugs and vaccines go here:
3. To join the consumer product safety commission recall list go to:
4. Due to gaping loopholes in federal law, companies can put virtually any ingredient into personal care products. To use the Skin Deep cosmetic safety reviews go to:
5. The organic consumers association covers lots of food safety issues; genetically modified food, mad cow, health issues, for info. go here:
6. Although genetically modified food crops are legal in the us and they are found in virtually all processed foods here, in other countries they are illegal . The genetically modified contamination register lists where contamination events occur.
7. For information about the dangers of genetically modified foods go to the Institute For Responsible Technology:
For their non-GMO shopping guide, go here:
8. Fresh, local food is best. To find local farmers markets and CSAs:
9. For information on disease prevention, nutrition, vegetarian and vegan diets, and other health issues go to the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine:
10. For info. on vegetarian diet, recipes, and health info., go to http://www.goveg.com/healthConcerns.asp