Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Favorite Fall Vegetable Recipe Roundup

Today is my 150th blog post, time really does fly when you are having fun! So in honor of the occasion I wanted to do something special. I am inviting all of you to add your links to your favorite fall vegetable recipe in the widget below. It can be new or old, your own original recipe or someone elses,  just make sure to place a  link to this post on your blog so everyone can share the veggie goodness!

My favorite fall vegetable recipe is stuffed acorn squash,  which I've already posted. Next best would be roasted veggies, so here's how I make roasted cauliflower.

Roasted Cauliflower

1 head cauliflower, washed and cut into small pieces
1 clove garlic, minced
olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 of a lemon, opt.

Preheat oven to 425. Place cauliflower in shallow oven-proof pan, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper. Bake 30-35 min. till crisp-tender and beginning to brown. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 of a lemon over cauliflower if desired.

OrganicaJane October 20, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Janet:
Thank you for your note and compliment. I just posted a recent blog I made for Easy Fall Soup on your blog.
Thanks again and good day!
Amy
www.organicajane.com

Jackie October 20, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Hi! I just made roasted (purple) cauliflower, along with some other veggies. I love it!

Jackie

Vegan Epicurean October 20, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Thanks for the invitation. I posted the link to the eggplant, mushroom and bell pepper lettuce wraps you liked.

Congratulations on your 150th post.

Roxetta October 20, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Thanks for the comment. I posted the link to my vegan butternut squash pasta bake. I'm a big fan of roasted cauliflower, BTW. I make it for most holidays and everyone seems to love it!

jen@tinyurbankitchen.com October 20, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Thanks for suggesting that I put a link to my soup here. :) This looks like it will be a cool list! Will check back again. :)

Sonya October 20, 2009 at 1:36 PM

I just bought a cauliflower from the store, and realized there was another one sitting in my fridge from last week! So thank you for this, it look delish! The toddler is bound to love it too.

5 Star Foodie October 20, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Roasted cauliflower looks delicious! Congrats on 150 posts! Submitted my butternut squash soup :)

Vicki October 20, 2009 at 10:22 PM

That looks very tasty. Congrats on the 150 mark - that's a lot of work. I'll post the pierogi later this week and add a link.

janet October 21, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Thanks to all of you for linking such yummy recipes!

Vegan Epicurean October 21, 2009 at 11:09 AM

I spent a little time reading a few of your older posts and realized that we have a cancer connection. Such a terrible thing to have in common. How is your son doing? Well I hope.

I will be back regularly to see what you are doing.

janet October 21, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Thanks Alicia, my son is doing extremely well. He remains at risk for cancer recurrence and new cancers because of the massive doses of toxic chemotherapy he received, so I make sure he excersises and eats fairly well. I am impressed with the changes you and your hubby have made, I am heading in that direction, but we don't eat as well as you yet.

Vegan Epicurean October 21, 2009 at 3:02 PM

I understand the risk of cancer recurrence. From what I have read continuing to eat a very healthy diet is one of the keys to staying well. Also I read something yesterday about mild exercise boosting the immune system in as little as 10 minutes. I now have my husand taking quick 10 minute walks now a couple of times a day when he is at work to boost his NK cells.

The way we eat is outer the outter edge as my husband would say. We made small changes over time and now are "uber" healthy.

If you haven't read "Life Over Cancer" it is the best book I have read on the topic. It is like an advanced course on oncology but with a positive message.

Claudia October 21, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Janet - delicious as usual! Visit me later _ I have something for youo. I love the baked squash - this is such a grand time of year for baking vegetables inside vegetables!

Vegiegail October 21, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Congratulations! And ooooooooh... roasted cauliflower looks yummy! I am making this for lunch tomorrow! I posted a link to Mary McDougall's Bountiful Autumn Stew. It's delicious!

the traditional gourmand October 22, 2009 at 2:51 AM

Congrats on 150th post! And I LOVE cauliflower...thanks for the recipe!

janet October 22, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Thanks for all the wonderful recipe links!
Alicia, as a matter of fact I'm in the middle of "Life Over Cancer" right now!

Fayinagirl (means Free One) October 22, 2009 at 3:31 PM

I love cauliflower too! This recipe looks terrific. Thank you for sharing it.

Linzi November 1, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Janet-
These recipes all sound delicious. We just posted a link for our fall Butternut Squash Pasta.
Cheers!
Linzi & Karen (localpairings.com)