A heartfelt thanks goes to Alicia at Vegan Epicurean for giving me the friends award. We share a cancer connection, not a good thing for anyone to have, but because of it I have gotten a chance to know her which is a very good thing! I have so much respect for Alicia and admire all the changes she's made. I truly appreciate all of the hard work she has put into her blog in order to share her wealth of knowledge and her creative recipes with the rest of us so that we can learn to make healthier choices ( and do it deliciously!) I am always inspired after reading her blog. I am honored that you thought of me, Alicia.
Now onto the rules of this award-
This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming.
These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends.
They are not interested in self-aggrandizement.
Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated.
Please give more attention to these writers.
Deliver this award to six bloggers who must choose six more and include this cleverly written text into the body of their award.
I will pass this award to some of my bloggy friends that I find exceedingly charming...
Chris at irawvegan for her kind, caring ways ( I really appreciated your email when my hubby was in the hospital, your thoughtfulness brightened my day), and for her always beautiful, healthy and creative recipes. You inspire me to eat more raw foods and try new combinations.
Debby at The Queen Mommys Cafe with whom I also share a cancer link ( I continue to keep your nephew in my prayers). I admire Debby, she is a woman of strong faith and strongly family oriented. Plus she always seems to find the coolest links!
Fayinagirl at Gluten-Free Vegan Family who always has wonderful recipes and tempts me to eat more vegan meals. I'm always impressed by how well she cares for her large family and how much work she puts into her blog ( I only have 4 kids and I know how tough it is, can't imagine doing it with 6 kids!) Kudos to you!
Rebecca at Playful Noshings with whom I share a love of natural health and all things DIY , from gardening to food preservation. I always look forward to seeing what interesting things you are up to.
Laura at Wildenblue Farm Journal with whom I share a love of the old ways. I enjoy reading about your lovely farm and your blog is just a comfy, cozy place to be.
Jayme at Tales From the Coop Keeper, whose blog I just recently found. I enjoy all of the photos of the lovely farmhouse as well as the the witty posts. Your blog always makes me laugh and sometimes laughter really is the best medicine.
I also recieved this award from Claudia at Journey of an Italian Cook. Talented Claudia whips up wonderful Italian food while she is also writing plays, and is the Minneapolis Italian Food Examiner! Yet she still finds time to add a kind blog comment. Claudia, thankyou!
Here are the rules for this award-
- Post the Honest Scrap award on your blog. Present this award to seven others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
- Tell those seven people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines and ask that they link back to you.
- Share "Ten Honest Things" about yourself.
I would like to share this one with ...
Comfrey Cottages , for sharing the love and knowledge of herbs, bees and helpful resources related to them.
Julia at Eat. Run. Do Yoga., whose blog is full of healthy recipes and lots of inspiration.
Stacy at Nutrition as Nature Intended, whose blog is loaded lovely photos and healthy recipes.
Vicki, Rachelle, and Kaela at Leaning Vegetarian, who share lots of healthy veg recipes and gorgeous step by step photos.
Venus at Lemon Trees who is sharing her nutritional adventures.
Sonya at Goodbye Belly who is honestly sharing all the ups and downs on her journey to get healthier. Go Sonya!
And last but not least, Alicia at Vegan Epicurean because your blog certainly fits all three criteria; it's brilliant in both content and design, you help so many by sharing your knowledge and creativity, and you have truly encouraged me. I am so grateful.
Now the 10 honest things about me;
1. I am a shy person and do not particularly like talking about myself.
2. I'm left-handed and always had to sit at the end of the table at holiday dinners so I wouldn't get in the way of right-handers.
3. I am very clumsy. This may or may not be the reason for number 4.
4. I do not own a full set of matching dishes.
5. I love fluffy, long-haired animals, so we have 2 dogs-one of whom has very long hair, and our guinea pig has long hair. This leads to number 6.
6. Dog hair is a condiment at our house.
7. I have a large yarn stash. Someday I may knit a dog-hair sweater.
8. I love herbal teas.
9. I would love to live in an old farmhouse with a big fireplace and be totally off-grid.
10. I adore dark chocolate-85% cocoa is wonderful.
All of the bloggers listed above generously share their time, effort and creativity in their work, so I hope you will visit them and leave a comment. You never know when a thoughtful word might really make a difference.