Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Carrot Pineapple Salad

I hope you have all been enjoying the Easter season! I've been under the weather, my son came home with a bad head cold right before Easter break began and generously shared it with me. Needless to say there has not been much cooking going on here. I haven't had much appetite and have just been throwing simple salads together out of whatever I have on hand for the most part. But this carrot pineapple salad is one worth sharing with you. The combination of textures with the crispy carrots, juicy pineapple and chewy dates is lovely. It is a very healthy way to satisfy a sweet tooth without any added sweeteners.

This makes three good size servings, but it can be easily doubled or tripled for a crowd.

Carrot Pineapple Salad

3 carrots, shredded
1 C. finely diced fresh pineapple
3 diced medjool dates
1 T. slivered almonds
1 T. unsweetened shredded coconut
juice of 1 orange

Combine ingredients and enjoy.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

mangocheeks April 7, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Sory to hear that you've been poorly. I do hope that you and your son are feeling much better now.

This salad looks really good, I can see it in a cake.

Vegan Epicurean April 7, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Nice salad. Sorry to hear one of your "little ones" is sick.

Fayinagirl (means Free One) April 7, 2010 at 1:37 PM

We've been under the weather here too, so I feel for you. {{{{hugs}}}} (the hubs brought home a little stomach bug from work) =P

Now that most of us are on the mend we're starting to feel hungry again. This light, fresh salad would hit the spot. Think I'll send one of my girls to the store today. =)

Hope you'll all be 100% very soon.

Rose April 7, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather; hope you're feeling better. This salad looks great, I can imagine the crunchy, sweet satisfaction of it.

janet April 7, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Thanks for all your nice comments, I really appreciate them!

blessedmama April 7, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Nice sounding salad with all the varying textures. Hope you feel better soon.

Kateri April 7, 2010 at 11:17 PM

That sounds very good. It sounds like it would be perfect to pack for a lunch at work...

Claudia April 8, 2010 at 10:37 AM

I love a good carrot salad. Very well done! Hope the salads build you up and you feel better soon!

janet April 8, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Thanks for all the well wishes, they mean a lot and I will be around to visit you all as soon as my head is no longer fuzzy. :)

Stacy April 9, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Sorry you have been sick. The salad sounds so fresh and Spring-like!

Anushruti April 11, 2010 at 4:13 AM

Carrots and pineapples together seem to be a good idea.